Monday, November 13, 2006

Forbidden Dreams

One of the most exciting things for me in my universe is dreaming and the way we dream. Sometimes I wake up in the morning and just wonder what happened in my mind last night that I dreamed of this or that. The structure of dreams is so strange and creative that I may say that my most creative "me" is the me who is dreaming.

I just want to write about my last night's fabulous dream. Before going on, I should say that no re-presentation of a dream can be an exact replicate of what happened. I am just telling a story which I am not sure about its accuracy, but I know that it has the same kinds of elements as my dream. Anyway ...

I was thinking about discovering new archaeological site in the world. I believed that there were still many undiscovered places on the earth. You just need to find them and then enjoy your discovering. Suddenly, I thought about using Google Map. You can easily see a lost village or an old shrine by Google map from a satellite view. Though the problem is that finding a place you don't know its whereabouts is not easy. However, my experience of using Google map shows me that it is just a matter of finding a black dot in a big clean place, a dot in an ocean, or a desert. I became fascinated by the idea of writing a small program to fetch a small map from Google map and then finds small points in the map. That was my idea! I let M. knew. I cannot remember his reaction, though I guess he was not so excited.

In the next scene, I was in the map. It was Iran. I could go top and down, left and right, and the unbelievable point is that I could move in the whole country as easy as I drift the map by my mouse. I could hide behind Zagrous, or go to Pars, or go to this place or the other. I cannot remember what happened then, but I remember that someone (maybe a family member) wanted me to marry a girl. I cannot remember the girl, or what happened then, but now I feel that they was thinking about a rural girl, someone from an immigrating tribe (what is the word for "iil"). I tried to avoid it, or at least, I was acting like a shy boy (so this was the reason I was hiding behing Zagrous mountaint!).

After that, I remember that my advisor and his girl added to this marrying-girl complicated story. I cannot remember exactly what happened. He invited me to his home? maybe! I saw his daughter and I liked her? Possible! He suggested me to become his daughter's boyfriend? I think so! Were I looking over her? I don't know! I think the right answer (the thing that I dreamed last night) is that all these things happened together. I become fascinated by the fact that my advisor has a young daughter (between 15-17), and I was considering trying to become her friend, his father was encouraging, but I was a bit reluctant because I thought that making an intimate relationship with an advisor's daughter is not the best thing I can do, and also she was underage too!

It is good to know that my advisor's daughter, as far as I know, is a bit younger that what I thought in my dream (I think in reality she is around 12-13), and I haven't seen her for more than a few seconds, and at that time, only her back was toward me. So actually I just saw her shoulder and something like that. She was not so small though (Based on what I saw, I might estimate her age as 17-18). I should say that I did not fall in love with her at that moment. Also I am not going to wait her grow up before I try becoming her boyfriend. I am not going to do anything with her anyway!
However, the irony of my life is that unbelievable things always happen to me! Maybe someday I marry her! :P

P.S: Dear World! For God's sake, at least let me look at her before changing my life!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like you, I also find dreams fascinatings. It seems like our subconscious mind is very active in processing information when we are sleep. Sometimes, there are several issues to be solved, and they get mixed in a single dream and we create some connection between those issues, which makes them an strange dremas like yours.
May I have some suggestions regarding some word usage? In the 5th paragraph, "daughter" may be better than "girl". In the last paragraph, "Maybe sometimes I marry her!", don't you mean someday instead of sometimes :)

Thought Reporter said...

The is one of the main reasons that I like dreams very much. I like to know more about the mechanism that leads to dreaming. I am not an expert in this field (or any other field!), but I am pretty sure that we humans do not know so much about the exact inner mechanisms of dreaming.
The other reason is that my dreams can occasionally reveal my hidden concerns. I do not usually try to analyze them, but whenever I do, I get many interesting facts about myself.

Also thank you for your suggestions. I tried to fix them. Please continue to do the same thing. I don't know what you may gain, but I know what I earn!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I belive that the structure of our dream is often complex. I think we process a large amount of information in our subconscious mind when we are sleep(?).If something bothers us greatly, we probably start having nightmares. I guess sometimes more than one topic/element is introduced into our dreams, which creates an emergent weird scenario in our dreams!
Thanks for your kind words. I hope I'm not bothering you with some writing suggestions every now and then.

Anonymous said...

nobody's here?!

Anonymous said...

yeah, quite sometimes...